My name is Jessey. I’m a 16 year-old high school student from Canada, but most importantly, I am an aspiring ballet dancer.
As you can see in the title, I was accepted to the Royal Danish Ballet’s summer intensive in July and August this summer. It has always been my dream to visit Copenhagen and dance at Royal Danish Ballet but it wouldn’t be possible without your help.
I started ballet when I was 8 year-old and since then, I’ve received amazing opportunities that brought me closer to my dream- to become a professional dancer. I was accepted to top ballet schools in Canada and also received awards and scholarships from various ballet schools and competitions.
One of them is when I received a scholarship to Russia’s Bolshoi Ballet Academy’s summer intensive twice when I participated in YAGP (Youth America Grand Prix) and this year, I received summer intensive scholarship to Boston Ballet School. I was also fortunate to go on tour with Canada’s Ballet Jorgen’s Nutcracker as a Klara and be in a professional environment that gave me more insight to what it’s like to be a ballet dancer. Last year, I competed at World Ballet Art Competition and received 1st place in semi-final.
Another opportunities that made me a better dancer is summer intensives. I learned about Royal Danish Ballet’s summer intensive after watching their amazing performance of Giselle and since then, I’ve always wanted to dance at Royal Danish Ballet. Learning from experienced teachers and dancing with amazing dancers taught me a lot technique wise and also to be a better person. Next year, I will start auditioning for companies and apprenticeships so this opportunity will definitely improve my techniques and make new connections with people.
The money raised will help pay for tuition, dorm, living expense, and transportation to and from Copenhagen.
All of your donations are greatly appreciated.
- DOI EMIKO08/27/2019hope your own way€50.00
- Linda Frape05/24/2019Praying your dreams come true Jessey. Work hard and enjoy the adventures!€50.00
- Arkadiusz Turlewicz05/21/2019Please dance in Poland or Japan one day )€50.00
- Tadashi Takahashi05/15/2019I support your challenge€100.00
- KEN ZUKIWSKI05/13/2019Good luck Jessey! My wife Donna and I attend St.John's Anglican church in Burlington€66.00
- Ray &Pat Biggar05/12/2019€50.00
- ATSUKO KAWAMOTO05/12/2019Good luck!€100.00
- Leslie Gerlofs05/11/2019I truly hope and pray this dream becomes a reality for you Jessey! God bless you.€50.00
- DAIJRO YOKOYAMA05/06/2019Fight!€100.00
- Takako Manaka05/05/2019Good luck Jessey€120.00