Welcome to Fundballet!
We do not have any relationship with the payments method we use in this website. We only use them to give you the possibility to collect the funds in your account. We have no connection with them. To start an account you need to create an account with Stripe. We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using Fundballet after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
- About Creating an Account
To sign up for a Fundballet account, you need to be 18 or over. If you are not 18 or over we need to have your parents permissions. You’re responsible for your account and all the activity on it.
The account created on Fundballet must be dance related. We control all the project that are being submitted and we have the full power to remove the project at any time if it doesn’t stand to the terms and condition.
If is not dance related, we will delete your account within the next 48 hours. You can browse and donate on Fundballet without registering for an account. But to start a Fundballet project, you’ll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
All accounts are checked and verified once created, we have the right to delete any project we feel is not working on our terms and condition.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to [email protected]fundballet.com
- Things You Definitely Shouldn’t Do
We expect each member of the community to behave in the right way so that it goes along with the guideline listed below.
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t create a project that is not dance related. They will be deleted in the next 24 hours.
- How Projects Work
This is what you’re agreeing to when you create or back a Fundballet project.
Fundballet provides a funding platform for dance and dance relative projects only. When a creator posts a project on Fundballet, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs a project is accepting the creator’s offer and forming that contract.
Fundballet is not a part of this contract — the contract is a direct legal agreement between creators and their backers. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:
Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping a dancer to achieve something. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.
The money donated to your project will directly go to your Stripe account. You do not need to reach the amount set and you do not have to wait for the time you have set to expire to terminate your account
If the project is not completed and the amount of money that you have set as a target is not reached, it doesn’t affect you as all the money will be sent to your Stripe account donation by donation.
We do not act as a wallet. We are not involved in any sort or form in any donations.
Alongside with the profile picture of the project, creators are also allowed to post a video of themselves. Creators allow Fundballet to use both the images and the video as well with all the other information on the website and social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube and any other social network a tour disposal
The creators have to:
- post an update on how the project is going so far.
- post an update on what you think of doing and if there is something new what would it be.
- When you start to realize your project from the money you have been donated through Fundballet, demonstrate that you have used those funds appropriately via email to the backers that have helped you form the beginning.
- if the creator, at the beginning of the project, decides to rewards the bakers that donated a certain amount of money, he/she has to do so. The connection between the creators and the bakers are made via email. It is your duty to do what you have set.
- The Creator must provide Fundballet through the registration process with a valid Stripe account.
- The Creator undertakes and warrants that the amounts collected in the course of the campaign shall be used only for the purposes described in the Project.
4. How Funding Works
This section goes over the details of backing and creating projects — things like how money gets collected, whether pledges can be changed or canceled, and how creators can contact backers to provide rewards.
These are the terms that apply when you’re backing a project:
- For every donation that you receive you are charged a certain percentage depending on where you are located, please see the page Pricing and Fees for more pieces of information
- The money from every donation goes directly to your Stripe account, minus the fees
- You can’t change or cancel your pledge at any time before the project’s funding deadline. You can’t increase, decrease, or cancel your pledge at any time during the campaign.
- Fundballet doesn’t offer refunds.
These are the terms that apply when you’re creating a project:
- You can refund individual pledges if you want. After your project has been funded, you can cancel and refund a Backer’s pledge at any time. If you do, you have no further obligation to that specific backer, and no agreement exists between you.
- We’ll charge our fees before putting funds in your account. Fundballet and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign.
- Don’t assume you’ll be able to launch your project when you want; there could be a reason we’re not able to accept it or a problem that takes time to resolve
5. Stuff We Don’t Do and Aren’t Responsible For
We don’t oversee projects’ performance, and we don’t mediate disputes between users.
Fundballet isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of projects, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release Fundballet from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
We aren’t responsible for the interaction between creators and bakers regarding the pledge that is offered when donating a certain amount of money
6. Our Fees
Fees are only charged on all projects. We charge 5%, in addition to any fees from our payments partners.
Creating an account on Fundballet is free. When you receive a donation, we (and our payment partners) collect fees. Our partners’ fees may vary slightly based on your location.
We will not collect any fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site. Each payment provider is its own company, and Fundballet isn’t responsible for its performance.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of Fundballet.
Payments can be made through Stripe, all major credit cards, including prepaid cards, such as Postepay. Fundballet makes no guarantees regarding the performance or operation of the Stripe payment platform. Fundballet is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the information provided by the User when communicating payment data.
Payments may be subject to User’s identity verification. The verification procedure may include interview and/or papers revision and may be subject to changes at Company’s discretion.
The money collection and payments management is in compliance with the applicable laws.
As a project creator, you are obligated, if asked from a donor or Fundballet, to refund any donation that you have received. You will be able to do this from your Stripe dashboard. See the FAQ page for more information
As a donor, you are always available to request a refund
- Other Websites
If you follow a link to another website, what happens there is between you and them — not us.
Fundballet may contain links to other websites. (For instance, project pages, user profiles, partners websites and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
Fundballet partners with other companies (such as Stripe) for payment processing. When you back or create a project, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
- Your Intellectual Property
We don’t own the stuff you post on Fundballet. But when you post it, you’re giving us permission to use or copy it however we need in order to run the site or show people what’s happening on it. You allow us to post picture and videos on our social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube and etc to promote our website and our projects.
Fundballet doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translate it. You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission). Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant Fundballet all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights. If Fundballet or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content. Fundballet will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
- Deleting Your Account
You can delete your account at any time. Deleting your account won’t make content you’ve already posted go away.
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this Agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site.
- Our Rights
To operate, we need to be able to maintain control over what happens on our website. So in this section, we reserve the right to make decisions to protect the health and integrity of our system. We don’t take these powers lightly, and we only use them when we absolutely have to.
Fundballet reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the Fundballet Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Fundballet. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
Fundballet is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
- Warranty Disclaimer
We work hard to provide you with great services, but we can’t guarantee everything will always work perfectly. This site is presented as-is, without warranties.
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
If you do something on Fundballet that winds up getting us sued, you have to help defend us.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of Fundballet. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
- Limitation of Liability
If something bad happens as a result of your using Fundballet, we’re not liable
- Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We’re located in Italy
We at Fundballet encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where the legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Italy. You agree that Fundballet and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Fundballet or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the Italian one. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of Fundballet, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Italy, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
- The Rest
These are our official terms and our rules for how things work. (So if you ever see confusing or conflicting information about any of this stuff, just check these terms — they’re the last word.) Thanks so much for reading them, and for using Fundballet!
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Fundballet with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Fundballet with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Fundballet to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get Fundballet’s prior written consent. Fundballet has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. Fundballet will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.
- Company’s Duties and Obligations
The Company shall keep monitored the Website, the Services, as well as the contents and material sent by the Users.
Fundballet is committed to maintaining the efficiency of the Services provided. In the event that it would be forced to stop them due to exceptional events and/or maintenance, it is committed to restoring such Services as quickly as possible to reduce and eliminate the risk of disruption of any kind caused to their Users.
The Company shall provide any clarifications and explanations with respect to the Website, its technical requirements and the Services offered.